In this digital world, many people only rely on Microsoft Outlook for managing their emails and some other communication ways. Some of the people are also using the Outlook for their emails. But sometimes, during the time of creating any new email account, it shows an error with a code 0x80070002, but don’t need to worry, it was a very common issue and occurred in any of the software or application. However, one of the main reasons behind this error is that the file structure is fully corrupted or might be a possibility that the directory where this mail client wanted to create some Personal Storage Table Files is very inaccessible. Some of the users are also facing issues related to sending and receiving emails only due to the account setup which is inside of the client.
Here, in this article, we try to provide you best steps for solving the error 0x80070002 in Microsoft Outlook on Windows 10, when creating any new email account or might be due to creating or opening any PST file in Microsoft Outlook in Windows 10/8/7. The steps are discussed in detail. But you need to follow these steps in ascending order to avoid trouble or error.
Steps to Troubleshoot Error 0x80070002 in Outlook
- Firstly, we are suggesting you create a System Restore Point, only because if something goes wrong, then you can easily rollback to the current state.
- Then, you need to verify all the PST files are being created without any issues or not.
- And for checking it, follow the given path:
- C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\Outlook Files
- Now, press the WINKEY + R button together, only to navigate to the AppData folder.
- Then type the word %localappdata%.
- Press the Enter tab.
- Then, again follow the path mentioned above.
- If in case, anyone won’t be able to navigate to the path mentioned above, then you will need to create that given path manually.
- So, now navigate towards C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents.
- Click to create New Folder and named as OutlookNew.
- Again, press WINKEY + R keys together to start the Run utility.
- Alternatively, type regedit and press Enter.
- Once the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the given key location:
- In the Office Folder, you need to open the folder named after the version of the Office software on your computer system.
- Here is the list for the version number:
- Outlook 2007 = \12.0\
- Outlook 2010 = \14.0\
- Outlook 2013 = \15.0\
- Outlook 2016 = \16.0\
- When you are in your suitable folder, then right-click on the right panel, click on New and then you need to click on String Value.
- Name that New key as the ForcePSTPath.
- Hit OK tab.
- On the other hand, right- clicks that and then choose the Modify option.
- Then, under the field of Value Data, you need to enter the path of the OutlookNew folder that you created above.
- Click on the OK option.
- Finally, shut the Registry Editor and restart your computer system for the changes takes effects.
Ethan Grey is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup