iMessage refers to a messaging service that is available solely on Apple devices. With iMessages, Apple device owners can send and receive messages along with multimedia like pictures, videos, music, etc. iPhone users rely heavily on iMessages for interacting with others. Typically, the messages and conversation threads are displayed in chronological order. At times, the messages can be shown out of order, especially on iOS devices. If you are facing the same problem then, do not worry. Here are a few potential solutions for solving the messages out of order issue.
Solution 1: Perform a hard reset
- Hold down the Home button.
- At the same time, hold down the Wake/Sleep button.
- Do not release the buttons until the screen turns black.
- Wait until the Apple logo appears.
- Hold down the Power button.
- Hold down the Volume button.
- Do not release until you can see the Apple logo on the screen.
iPhone 8/8.1 and iPhone X/XS XR, and XS Max
- Hit the increase volume button and release it.
- Hit the decrease volume button and release it.
- Hold down the Wake/Sleep button.
- Wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen.
Solution 2: Configure the Date and Time Setting to Automatic
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on the option called General.
- Select Date and Time from the screen.
- Navigate to the option called “Set Automatically.”
- Tap on the switch next to it to turn it on.
Solution3: Reset iMessage
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the Messages option and then select it.
- Tap on the switch next to iMessage to disable it.
- Wait for a few seconds.
- Tap again on the switch next to iMessage to enable it.
Solution 4: Reboot the iOS Device
- Long press the Sleep/Wake button until you can see the slide to power off option.
- Swipe the slider to power off the iPhone or iPad.
- Long press the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo displays on the screen.
- Allow the iOS 11 device to power on.